The S.L.T.A (Sleaford Little Theatre Academy) for young people aged 8 - 18 years offers a wide variety of performing arts workshops and bespoke projects along with creating dynamic, diverse and inclusive theatre. We encourage members to learn a myriad of creative skills while having fun in a safe theatre space.
We believe it is essential to enrich, educate and inspire a future generation of creatives.
Drama and theatre classes for children and young people aged 8 -18 years, to take place in the theatre on Saturdays during term time. Classes will be designed to support participants in developing confidence and self-expression through practical theatre training and taught by experienced and dedicated theatre-makers leading to a performance in a real theatre space.
More great reasons to join the Academy:
- Great value for money (£7.50 - £10 per week)
- Run by friendly and experienced teachers with DBS certificates
- No auditions will be required to join the classes or youth shows
- Academy members will also have the opportunity to audition for SLT adult members' shows when youth actors are required and will not be subject to any extra youth membership fees
- Everyone involved will have the opportunity to perform for friends and family in an annual academy production for 3 performances on the SLT stage
- Junior (ages 8-11): 10.30 am - 12 pm
- Intermediates (ages 12-15): 1 pm - 3 pm
- Youth (ages 16-18): 3 pm - 5 pm
- Junior: £90 per term (12 weeks)
- Intermediate/Youth: £120 per term (12 weeks)
If you have any questions about fees or the availability of places, please email the lead teachers, Maria and Joanne.
The term dates for 2020 are:
SPRING: January 11th to April 4th (no class on February 22) - 12 sessions (Deadline for joining the spring term is Wednesday 8th January.)
SUMMER: April 18th to July 11th (no class on May 30 or July 11) - 11 sessions + show