No Fear Shakespeare Workshops [UPDATE: Additional Course Info]
An exciting new venture led by one of our members, Maria Bates.
This free three-week performance-based course will use scenes from Macbeth, Twelfth Night, A Midsummer Night's Dream and The Winter's Tale.
The course will take place on Thursday 11th, Thursday 18th and Thursday 25th January 2018. All dates will start at 8 pm and finish at 10 pm.
This course is for over 18s only.
For more information and to book your place, please contact Maria Bates at [email protected]
This 3-week course is performance-based and will focus on demystifying and having fun with Shakespeare as we bring his words to life.
Beautiful, vibrant storytelling and creating magical memories for the audience and actors alike are always at the top of my agenda.
My hope is that whether you are a complete novice or a seasoned professional, you will join me, with an open mind, on this journey of discovery.
If you can imagine it, we will aim to create it!
The workshops will be light-hearted and hands-on, encouraging participants to get really stuck in with some gritty/tragic/comic scenes from a selection of Shakespeare’s best-known plays:
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
The Winter’s Tale
Please wear comfortable clothing and expect the unexpected.
Week 1: 11th January
- Introduction and icebreakers
- Who’s this Shakespeare dude anyway? – Dispelling the myths and fears head on!
- Engaging with the scene: What is all this mumbo jumbo and where are the stage directions?
- Let’s give it a spin!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream Act I, Scene II
- Macbeth Act IV Scene I
Week 2: 18th January
- Scene selection – we will look at a number of scenes together before, in groups, you embark on turning your favourite piece so far into a performance
- The Winter's Tale - Act II Scene III
- Twelfth Night - Act I Scene II
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream - Act II Scene I
- Macbeth – Act I Scene V / Macbeth - Act V Scene V
Week 3: 25th January
- Fine tooth comb – perfecting your scene in rehearsal
- Directors notes – a final polish
- Performance – your opportunity to show the rest of the group what you have created.
For further information about some of my past productions and practical directing experience please visit www.pinkfrogtheatre.org