Voting has begun for the Lloyds Community Fund
Some of you may be aware that we made a bid to the Lloyds Community Fund and the short listed applicants will be voted on by members of the public to determine if and indeed how much we might receive. This is now your opportunity to help by voting for us. There are various ways to vote from 9am on the 2nd September until the 10th of October:
- Walk into the following Lloyds Bank branches to cast your vote, Bourne, Donington, Grantham, Heckington, Sleaford and Spalding, this is achieved by collecting a token from a member of staff.
- Vote online by going to http://communityfund.lloydsbank.com/communityfund/, enter Sleaford Little Theatre in Find a Cause, click the arrow and vote
- SMS by texting the word VOTE JGG to 61119 or +447860 014 100
- Twitter. When posting a tweet just include JGG #CommFund
The more votes we receive the greater the reward.
Sleaford Little Theatre is proud to own its own theatre, The Playhouse, one of Sleaford’s historic gems. Through the growing support of our audiences who come along to our own performances and the many visiting productions each year we are able to maintain The Playhouse.
But to make the experience of visiting the theatre even more comfortable we have a programme of improvements planned over the next five years. This starts with the installation of a modern heating system fitted this summer with the help of a grant of £5,000 from Eco2 – the Power Station.
This is our plan and the projected costs:
- Re-surface car park - £5,000
- Re-plaster front wall - £500
- Refurbish/redesign foyer & bar - £4,000
- Paint doors - £250
- Renew windows - £20,000
- New stage curtains - £3,000
- Refurbish stage - £4,000
- Refurbish old boiler room - £1,500
- Renew & refurbish stage equipment - £1,000
- Update lighting and sound equipment - £1,500
- Paint auditorium ceiling - £500
- Refurbish blackout curtains and drapes - £750
- Refurbish Playhouse sign board - £200
Total - £42,200
To achieve this dream we will need help from many charitable funds and are delighted that Sleaford Lloyds Bank has chosen us to go into its Lincolnshire competition. Your vote is, of course, critical to our receiving the maximum grant of £3,000.
If you value your Playhouse, please vote for Sleaford Little Theatre –
And get your friends and relations to follow your example.